Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Not my everyday post

Well I was pondering on what my post for today should be, and nothing in particular is crossing my mind. I haven't bought any new products, done anything exciting since yesterday (my last post) and don't have any plans that are blog worthy.
So here go a few of my random thoughts:

1. This thought is not happy or upbeat, but rather sad. My boyfriend's step dad was rushed by ambulance about three weeks ago. He is still in the hospital now, I don't want to give any details of why but it goes to show that one should not take anything for granted. This summer I had a major surgery (I don't think I have blogged about it before).  Two years ago, I found out that I had neurofibromatosis. Which means I do not have the gene to suppress tumor growth. Last summer I had a major surgery to get a tumor removed from my chest cavity that was over 20 inches. Before finding out about this, I never thought something so serious would ever happen to me. It just goes to show you that you never know what tomorrow will bring, so take nothing for granted.
(sorry about the seriousness so far..my next thought will be a more light hearted)

2. I'm very excited for Easter! I wish I was still young enough to dye eggs and go on an Easter egg hunt because it was my most favorite thing to do! Atleast now I get to still eat all the Easter candy and what not!! 


3. Laundry is horrible. I'm actually typing this post while do just that. It's so time consuming and a pain. At my house I NEVER had to do laundry. My mom or the maid did it. Here in college, I don't have that luxury. On move in day my mom had to show me how to work these machines because I didn't have the first clue. Same with changing sheets on beds...worst thing ever!



4. I love painting my nails! Right now I am obsessed with hot pink, very summer-ish. I usually hate having nail polish on my finger nails because it always chips off, but I can't remember the brand I used last time, but it's holding up and has yet to chip (I would look but I am not in my room!)



5. Speaking of painting things, I really want to try to paint on a canvas. I have done it once before and I did a palm and moon (so original!) It actually turned out pretty good, but I have lost it when we moved into our house. I have no idea which paint to use nothing, so if anyone has some pointers as to how to help a newbie out comment and let me know!



Sorry my post was not very exciting or fun! But it's all I got for today. Hopefully tomorrow my creative juices will be flowing better!

Xoxo
M

2 comments:

  1. You are SO right about taking things for granted...hopefully the worst is over! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww my "Lil Mak" All will be well! Ray should be home Tuesday, HOPEFULLY!!! LOve you!

    ReplyDelete